- Exceptional Volunteers sought for Florida Hospital Fish Memorial Foundation Award
- Sabbath Stories: Go Home, by Chaplain Robert Nickell
- Florida Hospital Fish Memorial Welcomes Family Medicine Physician
- Daytona State College Awards Florida Hospital Imaging $2,100 for Women’s Breast Imaging Care
- Florida Hospital DeLand Awarded Joint Commission Certification in Total Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery
Taking the work out of the workout
Reprinted from a June 30, 2011 Daytona Beach News Journal article.
Story and photos by Patti Light, Correspondent
Florida Hospital partnered with the Volusia County Beach Patrol and East Coast Surfing Champion Mimi Munro on Saturday to kick off the second in a six-pack of events called the Life Changing Extreme Challenge.
“The concept was to create activities and opportunities for people to do thing that are outside their comfort zone – maybe things they’ve wanted to try but never did,” explains Dr. Scott Brown, who specializes in sports medicine. “It’s about incorporating activity into your life and making fitness fun.”
Volleyball, beach yoga and Mimi’s special mini surf camp were included in the activities that participants could check out, all at the Harvard entrance to the World’s Most Famous Beach.
For information on the remaining events, which include kayaking and a beach trek on Canaveral National Seashore, visit our events page or call 866-328-6417. See working out doesn’t have to feel like work at all!